Instructions To Make Pasta Using Charlie's Table Pasta Flour Blend
To prepare 1 lb. of pasta, approximately 4 to 6 servings, use the following ingredients:
- 2 cups of Charlie's Table Pasta Flour Blend
- 2/3 cup of water
1. Heat 2/3 cup of water to 100-110 degrees.
2. Combine the warm water and Charlie's Table Pasta Flour Blend in a bowl.
3. Stir with a whisk for one to two minutes until the dough starts sticking and begins turning into small crumbles.
4. Hand knead the dough until it feels firm enough to roll out or place in a pasta machine.
5. If the dough feels dry, add more warm water, one teaspoon at a time.
6. Roll out the dough using a rolling pin or pasta machine.
7. Cut your pasta shapes.
8. Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil.
9. Add salt.
10. Add your pasta to the water and cook for two to three minutes, based on how al dente you want to serve the pasta.
11. Strain pasta and serve with your favorite pasta sauce.
1. Since there is no gluten in Charlie's Table Pasta Flour Blend, you can re-knead the flour multiple times without any concern of the flour breaking down. Feel free to experiment making numerous pasta shapes.
2. Use Charlie’s Table Pasta Flour Blend to cover the surface on which pasta will be kneaded and rolled out to prevent sticking.
3. Instead of continuing to cook the pasta until al dente, consider cooking the pasta in water initially for 1½ to 2 minutes and finishing it off in the sauce for an extra minute or so.
4. When using a pasta machine, please clean immediately, being sure to clean off any remaining dough. Have your favorite cleaning utensil(s) nearby to assist in reaching hard to reach places.
Please check this page regularly for updates.